Areias Do Seixo Charm Hotel & Residences
A boutique, uniquely designed luxury resort with sustainable cooking and spa services, just one hour from Lisbon.
Amenities & Activities
Learn to surf at the closest beach, Praia do Seixo. The hotel works closely with a surf school, but if you’re an experienced boarder, staff can help arrange rental equipment so you can set out on your own.
“Hands in the soil”
We invite our guests to visit our vegetable garden and to join in the activities of organic agriculture. Among the outdoor smells and colours, vegetables and herbs, feel the LAND with your own hands.
“Circle of Fire”
At the end of the day, come and enjoy a glass of wine in the heat and light of the bonfire... breathe in the stars, the music, the flickering colours of the flames, the smell of the woodsmoke... let us toast LIFE together!
"From the Garden to 5 O’clock Tea"
On a tour to the greenhouse, you will collect lemongrass, verbena, fennel and mint. Back in the Restaurant Areias do Seixo, these will be blended and infused to make a deliciously unique tea.
“Hands in the sea”
Overlooking the sea, on a pristine beach, take part in activities ranging from rod fishing to mussel harvesting.
“Heaven on Earth”
Let us take care of your body and soul in this place where the well-being and magic are the main words. Enjoy the relaxing and precise touch of a massage that offers a combination of techniques: shiatsu, Indian massage and therapeutic massage, with surprising touch on your feet and back.
"Discovering the Dunes"
Walk across the dunes, delighting in Nature’s nooks and crannies, enjoying the LAND with the Atlantic at your feet...
We invite our guests to participate in the sustainability of the hotel by following our ECO circuit with us. Discover what you can do for the world.
We share a very special meal with our guests ... away from the hotel!
“Glass of Wine on the Lake”
At the end of the day, enjoy a glass of wine next to a lake that will transport you to distant places...
“Glass of Wine on the Terrace”
At the end of the day, enjoy a glass of wine on the terrace warmed by the fire... watching the sun go down over a vast blue sea...
“Glass of Wine by the Fire”
It may be cold and raining outside... but inside, we share a glass of wine in the heat of the fireplace...
“Dinner Gathering on the Lake”
We share a special dinner with our guests... beside a lake that transports us to distant places...
“Dinner beneath the Pine Trees”
We share a very special dinner with our guests... beneath the pine trees... breathe in Nature!
Learn what steps we take to reuse the organic waste produced during your stay.
Participate in Yoga/Chi Kung/Pilates classes... free your body, mind and spirit and balance your energy...
Pampering for Two
“Dinner with Movie beneath the Pine Trees”
Inspire nature with dinner for two at the Abrigo dos Pinheiros... Sense the uniqueness of this scenario while enjoying a film by starlight!
“Magical Dinner by the Lake”
A magical dinner for two beside a lake that transport us to distant places...
“Dinner in a Bedroom imbued with Soul”
Give yourself up to Love in a candlelit bedroom imbued with Soul... we will prepare an Enchanted Room for your memorable dinner for two...
Let’s discover the hideaways and secret places of Areias do Seixo with a picnic blanket and a basket filled with good things...
“Picnic for Two”
Why not take a picnic basket and delight in the hideways and secret places of Areias do Seixo? Would you like to surprise a very special someone? Areias do Seixo will prepare an unforgettable, unique MOMENT IN TIME for you!
"From Garden to Plate"
The vegetables and aromatic herbs you pick from our vegetable garden (with the aid of our gardeners) are used for the preparation of your lunch with the help of our Chef.
“Sunset at the Dunes”
A unique moment that is ours alone... the dunes and the Atlantic... the sun descending slowly and softly vanishing into the murmuring sea... together we toast LOVE.
We invite you to breathe in and fill your lungs with Nature!
“Ritual for Two in your Room”
Preparation of a Jacuzzi bath in your room with floral extracts of orchids, ylang-ylang, wild roses and poppies. Boasting skin purifying and cleansing properties, it offers a sensuous and delicate bath. Relax your body and let us pamper you. Following the bath, we recommend the “Floral Soul” massage for two.
Museums and Monuments
- Torres Vedras - Museum; Medieval Castle; São Vicente Fort; Graça Convent; the Town Fountain and the Copper Age settlement at Zambujal
- Óbidos - Medieval Castle and walled village - rich in archaeology, painting, museums and religious art in the various churches
- Peniche - Museum and Fortress
- Lourinhã - Museum (with the largest dinosaur egg collection in the world); Santa Maria do Castelo Church and Paimogo Fortress
- Nazaré - Ethnographic Museum, Sanctuary and Belvedere
- Alcobaça – Monastery (World Heritage), Porcelain from SPAL and Crystal from Atlantis
- Caldas da Rainha – Malhoa Museum, São Rafael Museum (Bordalo Pinheiro factory making typical Portuguese pottery); Pottery Museum; natural spa
- Mafra - Convent and Library; Tapada de Mafra (Nature Reserve)
- Sintra - village (World Heritage); several palaces; Sintra hills and Castle
- Lisbon – Centre: Museums, São Jorge Castle; churches (Jerónimos Monastery and Belem Tower – World Heritage); Cristo Rei Statue and Santa Justa Elevator
Activities (adventure, sports, leisure)
- Surfing; bodyboarding; paragliding and fishing
- Pedestrian paths
- Cycle ways
- Santa Cruz Airfield - aircraft rides and flight shows
- Berlengas Island – diving
- Golf - Campo Real Golf Resort & Spa (18 km away – 18 holes)
Guided tours and events to explore
- Oeste Wine and Vineyard Trail – circuits whose main purpose is wine tourism: Quinta de Chocapalha, Quinta do Monte D’ Oiro, Quinta de Pancas, Quinta das Cerejeiras, Quinta do Sanguinhal and Quinta dos Loridos (Buddha Eden Garden)
- As Linhas de Torres Vedras – lines of fortifications built secretly during the Peninsular Wars to defend Lisbon from Napoleonic troops;
- Torres Vedras Carnival
- International Accordion Festival – Torres Vedras
- International Chocolate Festival – Obidos
- Medieval Market – Obidos
- Opera Festival – Obidos
- Óbidos Christmas Village
- Ocean Spirit – International Festival of Surf Sports– Santa Cruz
- Lisbon Festivities - June
Nightlife (bars, discos, theatres, etc.)
- Noah Surf House, Manel’s Bar, Ardebar Bar and Living Opera Disco – Santa Cruz; - Ouriço Disco – Ericeira
- Tunel Disco, Mau Maria Disco – Torres Vedras
- Teatro-cine – music, dance and theatre – Torres Vedras
Gastronomy (typical dishes, wines, cheeses, desserts, etc.)
- Wine production – Oeste Region
- Fresh fish: sea bass, red snapper, sea bream, seafood and shellfish; - Traditional fish stew from Peniche
- Roast kid
- Traditional “Convent” Desserts from Alcobaça
- Bean tarts from Torres Vedras
- Lampreias, egg-based Desserts and Cavacas from Caldas da Rainha; - Pão-de-ló (traditional fatless sponge) from Alfeizerão
- Rocha pears
- Apple and Cherry liqueurs from Alcobaça
- Aguardente (local brandy) from Lourinhã