Sri Lanka: South West Sri Lanka
Cape Weligama captures the quintessential essence of Sri Lankan luxury and is the epitome of exclusivity. Indulge in an unforgettable experience.
A gourmet paradise, Cape Weligama pays homage to its location with the day's freshest catch selected by you at Pola (the Sinhalese word for 'market') and cooked to order in the ocean facing De Mauny restaurant. Eat with your hands, Sri Lankan style, at Kumbuk, a casual open-air spot showcasing this island's unique and spicy curries. Savour mouth watering fare at Rouge, the steak house & grill, dramatically poised at the cliff edge, with nothing but azure expanse as far as the eye can fathom. The resort's handpicked wines complement these extensive East to West menus. Honouring the deep roots connecting Cape Weligama to this island's rich history, the waterfront Taylor Pavilion provides a relaxed yet refined venue for traditional Ceylon high tea, as well as to linger over sunset cocktails and after dinner nightcaps under the stars.
- The De Mauny Dining Pavilionand its generous terraces enjoy stunning views of the bay and the setting sun. Pick from the days catch at the “Pola” seafood market and have it cooked to your liking. The restaurant is open from 7am to 5pm for breakfast and lunch and from 7pm to 10.30pm for dinner.
- Kumbuk is an alfresco Sri Lankan village style restaurant, which showcases the island’s deliciously unique cuisine. It opens twice a week from 7pm to 10pm, subject to weather.
- The Taylor Living Pavilion serves aCeylon Afternoon Cream Tea and signature pre-dinner canapés and aperitifs, from 3pm to 11.30pm
- The MoonBar, under the Moon Pool,serves lightfare throughout the day.
- All Residences and Master Rooms have dining tables on generous terraces where meals could be served by your butler.