Hotel Los Mangos
El Salvador: La Libertad
Perched on a lush cliff above a deserted beach, the eco boutique hotel, Los Mangos, overlooks on one of the best point breaks in El Salvador’s eastern pacific coast.
General information El Salvador
- Official Name: Republic of El Salvador
- Capital City: San Salvador
- Location: El Salvador is located in Central America, surrounded by Guatemala on the west side of El Salvador and Honduras on the northern and east side
- Population: 5.9 million
- Currency: US Dollar
- Language: Spanish. English is spoken in most touristic attractions.
- Electricity: 110 volts AC, 60 Hz and 220 volts
- Airport: International Airport El Salvador (Comalapa) (SAL)
- Weather: mostly warm, with a rainy season that goes from May through October.
- Entrance requirements: Valid passport, and according to the country of origin, sometimes is necessary a tourist visa or tourist card that cost $10 and it’s normally valid for 90 days.
- Communications: Telephone IDD available. Country code: 503. IDD is available to Europe, USA and certain international ports. Outgoing international code: 00
- Mobile Phone: GSM 850, 900, 1900 and 1950 networks.
- Fax and Internet: Hotels have facilities. Internet access is easily available throughout El Salvador, as well as WI-FI points.
- Currency exchange: Visitors are advised to change currency only at banks.
- Credit and debit cards: International credit cards are accepted
- Travelers check: these may be cashed at any bank or hotel, prior presentation of the passport.
- Departure Tax: US $32.00
- Tips: It’s appropriate to give 10% tip in the majority of restaurants and bars. Some places include that tip on the bill.
- Suitable clothes: slight clothes are recommend and some wardrobe suitable for the rainy season.
- Always drink bottled water. If you need ice, then ask if it was made with purified water. Nearly all hotels and resorts understand this, but it is good to inquire first.
Bring a hat, sunscreen, and mosquito repellent. Remember you are closer to the equator and the sun can get very intense. If you come during the rainy season, then be prepared for mosquitoes along the coastal region.