Canada: British Columbia
Ride the pioneering lines that have shaped heli-skiing since the sixties and carve your very own patterns into this unique landscape.
About the Operator
The rise of the world’s first heli-skiing company.
A singular vision got us where we are today – standing atop some of the most celebrated peaks in the world with fields of untouched powder at our feet.
Today, CMH is the largest heli-skiing and heli-hiking company in the world, operating 11 lodges in the winter and two in the summer. More than 7,000 guests join us each year – and most are quick to return.
In 2004 we declared a bold vision -- to be the leading sustainable tourism company in North America.
Sustainability at CMH
With almost 50 years of experience, we understand and appreciate how privileged we are to operate in the remote mountain locations that we call home. We also recognize that we have a responsibility to care for these special places. This is not a fleeting trend. Our founder, Hans Gmoser, was a committed environmentalist and community leader long before the green revolution. He instilled the sense of stewardship that runs through the company today -- an important value for both our new and more experienced employees.
We are proud of our many accomplishments, but there is so much more that we can do.
Our Vision for Sustainability
Canadian Mountain Holidays (CMH) will be the leading sustainable tourism operator in North America.
- Be responsible stewards of the environments and communities in which we live, work, and play.
- Strive to improve environmental performance in all of our operations.
- Be a leader in sustainability in our professional organizations and the broader tourism sector.
- Educate staff, guests, and suppliers about our sustainability goals and initiatives, and encourage personal action.
- Operate in a manner that is compliant with all government laws and regulations.
- Support research and education programs to improve our sustainability practices.
- Contribute to the economic and social well-being of our local communities.
- Deliver strong financial results to ensure a sustainable future for our company.