Frontier Las Lenas Tour
Head south for the ultimate freeski experience at Las Leñas, South America’s most challenging terrain and best off-piste lift-accessed terrain!
Rates & Packages
|Frontier Las Lenas Off Piste|
|August 28 - September 8||$ 6499|
What is included / What not
- Full time bilingual ski guides/hosts
- Ski lift tickets
- Adventure cat skiing in Arpa
- Lift line priority in Las Lenas
- Avalanche safety introduction
- Off-Piste and Backcountry guiding
- Comfortable lodging, private bath
- Delicious breakfasts and dinners
- Red wine, mineral water at dinner
- Private transportation
- Flight Santiago Chile-Mendoza, Argentina round trip
- Backpack (28-35 liter) with external harness straps for carrying skis or board
- *Digital avalanche transceiver
- *Avalanche snow shovel
- *Avalanche probe 240 cm or longer
- Collapsible trekking poles for snowboarders (Black Diamond suggested)
- Mandatory use of certified snow helmet when skiing in Las Lenas.
This trip is for advanced Skiers and Snowboarders only. If unsure about your level, please contact LUEX for more information. This trip is for advanced Skiers and Snowboarders only.If unsure about your level, please contact LUEX for more information.
This is a Lift-Assisted Back Country Touring Trip.
- Discover the best riding in two amazing countries
- All the details of the trip are planned and ready. Just show up and ride
- Industry leading 4 to 1 client to guide ratio. No more than 8 clients per trip!
- 2 certified guides on every trip. Lead ski guides are certified by the International Federation of Mountain Guides Association (IFMGA), the Association of Canadian Mountain Guides (ACMG), or the Argentine Mountain Guide Association (AAGM). Meet our guides
- Private transportation along with the RT air ticket from Santiago-Mendoza included
- Lodging and restaurants selected for real cultural immersion
- Priority lift line access in Las Lenas. Skip the line up and ride more powder!
- Full day of adventure cat skiing in Chile at Arpa and optional cat skiing in Las Lenas
- Make new friends from around the world. This is our favorite part!
- Fun nightlife in Farellones, Mendoza and Las Lenas
Starts: Santiago, Chile (airport code SCL)
Ends: Santiago, Chile or Mendoza, Argentina, your choice!
Day 1-2: Arrive to Santiago, Chile International Airport by 9:00 AM. Meet up with the group and PowderQuest guides, board the private minibus and it is off to the mountains. Check into Powder Lodge in the mountain town of Farrellones and get ready to ski and snowboard the 3 mountains (Valle Nevado, La Parva or El Colorado). On day 1 we warm up with a few laps and an avalanche safety session. PowderQuest guides will evaluate the conditions and decide which resort to visit each day. Apres-Ski with Christian, our host, at the Lodge with appetizers, beverages and wood fired sauna or hot-tub. Dinner with tasty Chilean wine followed by a choice to stay in and get some sleep or venture out to one of the local bars to see what’s happening.
Day 3: After a hearty breakfast we head off for our last day around Farellones with over 25,000 acres of inbounds terrain combined with additional out of bounds options to choose from, the guides will continue to find the best snow possible. In the afternoon we road trip to our next destination, the valley of San Esteban. Check into our cozy lodging and meet up for après. Spend the evening over some local wine and an authentic Chilean style dinner served by our amazing hosts.
Day 4: After breakfast the group heads up to ski Portillo and its famous terrain. Using the local knowledge of your PowderQuest guides you will get the most of what terrain Portillo has to offer. Finish with an après ski at Tio Bob’s and enjoy some sunshine on the deck overlooking the lake before heading back to the valley for another amazing dinner.
Day 5: Fuel up with breakfast before heading out for our full snow cat accessed adventure skiing day at Ski Arpa. Reservation only, this private playground is owned by Anton Sponer and his son. They specialize in delivering adventure on their rustic mountain top paradise. The road up to access Arpa is an adventure in itself! Enjoy a cold local beer at their refugio while you look up at your lines at the end of the day. Dinner and over night back at our hotel.
Day 6: Return to the airport after breakfast and head off to a short 50 minute flight to Mendoza, Argentina up and over the mighty Andes. Mendoza is one of the main wine regions of the world and the setting is beautiful and memorable, even in the winter. Check into our hotel and head out for a lively dinner on the town.
Day 7: Head to Las Lenas following breakfast. The day trip includes an unforgettable lunch stop at a beautiful high end local vineyard with wine tasting. Check into your accommodation in Las Lenas, unpack and meet for dinner to talk about what is going down over the next few days in the ultimate South America ski and snowboard mecca.
Day 8-11: Focus on finding the best possible conditions and exploration. From the 4,000ft Eduardos lap on the front side to exploring lines through “El Collar (the necklace)” get ready to take full advantage of the extensive terrain options available. We team up with Expedition Las Lenas to access cat skiing, and get lift line priority access. Optional evenings out in Las Lenas can include a trip to the casino, beers and pool/foosball, karaoke, the wine bar, and full on late night discos. Warning! Balancing all the skiing and the nightlife in Las Lenas can present a challenge.
Day 12: Up for our last breakfast in the Andes before we head off for our road-trip back to Mendoza to connect to Santiago and international flights home this evening. We are scheduled on LAN Airlines to arrive to Santiago at 6:20 PM. Please schedule your return flight home accordingly.