Red Mountain Ski & Snowboard Instructor Courses
Canada: British Columbia
Take your skills to the next level, become a ski or snowboard instructor, and learn from the pros at Red Mountain!
LineUpEXplorers GmbH (hereinafter LUEX), Dortmund, provides an internet-based intermediary platform for global travel-related products and services. For this purpose LUEX operates a travel information, communication and booking system on the internet. This offers travel-related products, services, and information. These terms and conditions govern the use of the entire LUEX offerings, also in particular the booking of trips, travel components and services. LUEX reserves the right to make provision for supplementary terms and conditions for certain travel-related offerings or destinations. As LUEX acts only as an intermediary, the specific and general terms and conditions of any third party offering a product or service shall also apply additionally. In the event of conflicting conditions, the general terms and conditions of LUEX shall apply preferentially.
The parties to the legal relations shall be designated as "Travellers", with a person who also makes a booking for one or more Travellers designated as a "Group leader". The member of a tour group shall also be designated as a "Group member". "Service provider" designates a company or person that delivers the actual product or service - usually on location at the destination - that LUEX (Intermediary) offers to Travellers.
1. Intermediary platform operator designation and information
LineUpEXplorers GmbH (abbreviated as LUEX)
Managing Director Tim Heising
Dortmund District Court HRB 23215 Dortmund
Kobbendelle 17, 44229 Dortmund, Germany
VAT ID No.: DE221867890
Telephone: LUEX general: +49 231 97676992
LUEX bookings Surf: +49 231 97676992
LUEX bookings Snow: +49 231 97676994
Fax: +49 231 58695399
Skype: LUEX general: luex-lineupexplorers
LUEX bookings Surf: luex-surf
LUEX bookings Snow: luex-snow
The website constitutes the fundamental information that LUEX provides to Travellers. The offers, representations, data, software, images, illustrations and information are subject to copyright in virtually their entirety. To the extent that the design, photos, selection and manner of composition and preparation have been prepared by LUEX, the rights are held exclusively by LUEX. Large quantities of information, offers and images are delivered by third parties, in particular also by Service providers. This content is also legally protected by copyright, trademark and competition law and may not be copied, transmitted or used in any manner other than within the scope of the website without the prior express written authorisation of LUEX or the rights holder, if applicable.
LUEX shall make every effort to update information and prices at all times. Nevertheless, there may be differences due to the volume of data, information and parameters. Prices and specifications can be found based on the individually prepared offering. The booking confirmation and the price calculated for the Traveller are definitive.
LUEX is unable to monitor or check all information provided, especially links to other websites. LUEX is unable to maintain and update this content. In this respect, LUEX is unable to assume any responsibility.
3. Intermediary services
LUEX facilitates the provision of travel-related products and services by Service providers in the form of travel modules and services. LUEX is not a tour operator and does not deliver, own or control any of the travel-related products and services on offer. The travel-related products and services are delivered directly by the Service provider. The offerings provided by LUEX are intended for natural persons. In this context, the Traveller / Group leader making the booking must be at least 18 years of age. A Group leader aged 18 years or over must book for under-age travel companions. The offerings are primarily intended for Travellers from Germany. In utilising this offering, the Group leader making the booking promises that they are authorised to act on behalf of their travel companions, in particular to arrange travel-related services and to conclude contractual arrangements in the name of the Travellers. The Group leader is liable to LUEX as the joint and several debtor in addition to the individual Travellers for the payment of the travel-related products and services booked. Legally binding declarations received by the Group leader are deemed to have been received by all Travellers in the tour group.
To the extent that no further commitment periods have been agreed, the following shall apply: By filling in the booking templates and confirming the booking procedure, the Traveller/Group leader commissions LUEX to finalise the intermediated procurement with the Service provider. A confirmation of receipt from LUEX with respect to an order immediately after the Traveller/Group leader has transmitted the data does not constitute a binding confirmation of the intermediated travel-related products and services.
Immediately upon receipt of the booking, LUEX shall assess the availability of all the booked products and services from the Service provider/s. Following this assessment, the Traveller/Group leader shall be issued a booking confirmation. The Traveller/Group leader is obliged to check this confirmation carefully immediately upon receipt. If information appearing on the confirmation or in another document is incorrect or incomplete, the Traveller/Group leader is obliged to inform LUEX immediately - in text form if possible. Alterations at a later point in time can only be considered if LUEX could reasonably be expected to make such changes. Unreasonable alterations are such changes in particular that involve additional costs for LUEX, unless the Traveller/Group leader reimburses these costs.
A binding agreement between the Traveller and the respective Service provider shall only eventuate when the binding booking confirmation has been transmitted to the Traveller/Group leader; the automatic LUEX confirmation of receipt is not a booking confirmation.
The following applies when a Group leader makes a booking for several Travellers: With their booking, the Group leader confirms that they are permitted to legally represent the group members (Travellers) and that the Group leader is permitted to make and receive declarations on behalf of the group members. If travel vouchers are dispatched, they shall be sent solely to the Group leader for the whole tour group. Payments shall be processed exclusively through the Group leader with debt discharging effect.
The contractual obligation of LUEX is limited to the proper intermediation of the booked travel-related products and services. The contractual obligations of LUEX do not include the delivery of the booked product or service.
5. Payments, cancellation charges
LUEX is entitled to demand payment of deposits and outstanding amounts in accordance with the general terms and conditions as well as the terms and conditions of payment of the Service provider of the mediated product or service. Payment shall be collected as instructed by the respective Service provider. It is possible that the method of payment accepted by the Service provider may differ from the standard modes of payment used by LUEX or in Germany generally. The details are to be found in each of the offerings respectively. To the extent that nothing to the contrary has been agreed, the following shall apply:
Following receipt of the payment request, payment of the deposit indicated on the payment request is to be made in a single payment within one week by means of the payment method indicated. The deposit shall be at least 25% of the total price of the travel-related products or services that have been booked. The outstanding amount for the travel-related products or services is to be paid no later than 30 days prior to the commencement of travel as a single payment by means of the payment method indicated without any further request for payment. In the case of tour groups, the Group leader is responsible for ensuring consistent payment processing. The total price of a tour booked at short notice (within 30 days of tour commencement) is due immediately.
If due payments are not made or not made in full and the Traveller/Group leader does not pay after a reminder with a final due date, LUEX or the Service provider are able to withdraw from the particular agreement, unless LUEX or the Service provider is already responsible for a significant flaw, failing or shortcoming at this time. If the Traveller is responsible for the cancellation, LUEX or the Service provider can demand compensation in accordance with the agreed fixed rates for compensation. If nothing else has been stipulated within the offer/travel confirmation, the fixed rate in the event of the Traveller cancelling more than 30 days prior to departure is 25% of the price of the tour. The Traveller/Group leader is entitled to provide evidence of lower costs or costs that did not eventuate, while LUEX is free to calculate and demonstrate substantially higher costs.
LUEX assumes no currency risks. In order to minimise currency risks, LUEX shall exchange the travel payments received into the target currency of the country of the respective Service provider as soon as possible after receipt of payment. In the event of major currency fluctuations, the Traveller/Group leader shall indemnify LUEX against any proven currency exchange losses. Reimbursements shall be made solely by means of bank transfers in the currency of the recipient. Bank fees and charges shall be borne by the Traveller/Group leader.
If the Traveller/Group leader pays by bank transfer, LUEX can only facilitate a smooth booking process if the Traveller/Group leader uses the designated booking ID in the purpose field of the bank transfer which is specified in the request for payment. Otherwise LUEX may not be able to assign the payment to the correct booking. A failure to do that correctly can result in the cancellation of a trip in the worst-case scenario.
If the Traveller wishes to book not as a private individual, but as a business traveller acting on instructions or as a legal representative, this must be noted already during the booking process and cannot be subsequently altered. This can have taxation consequences and should therefore be carefully considered.
The customer shall receive a payment receipt in the form of a booking confirmation from LUEX showing the total price, either paid or to be paid to the Service provider.
6. Alterations, cancellations, reimbursements
In the event that a confirmed booking is modified or cancelled, LUEX is to be contacted as quickly as possible in this matter such that a possible solution can be sought in consultation with the Traveller/Group leader. Additional costs that result for LUEX or the Service provider shall be borne by the Traveller/Group leader, whereby LUEX reserves the right to invoice a minimum fee of €50 for changes demanded solely by the Traveller.
Should there be a modification or cancellation by LUEX / the Service provider, LUEX shall also contact the Traveller/Group leader as soon as possible and seek a possible solution.
LUEX notes explicitly that as an intermediary LUEX cannot assume responsibility for the performance of the Service provider. In particular, LUEX offers individual travel-related products and services to exotic destinations. The Traveller recognises that booking and processing these products and services are more difficult and that a higher degree of flexibility is expected of these than for mass tourism.
7. Complaints and ratings
Should the Traveller be dissatisfied with an aspect of the travel-related product or service received in a particular case and wish to submit a complaint, they are to approach the Service provider or their representative directly at the location during their current stay so that this person can attempt to solve the problem. LUEX recommends notifying the Service provider in text form that documents the shortcomings, if possible with the aid of photos.
If the problem cannot be resolved during the stay, the Service provider must be contacted within 30 days of returning from the trip. The Service provider should then respond to the correspondence according to the applicable laws and regulations. Receipt should be confirmed in 14 days and a full response received within 28 days. If this is not the case, an explanation for the delay should be received from the Service provider.
Should the travel-related product or service not match the description on the LUEX platform, the customer must approach the Service provider or their representative directly at the location during the customer's stay. LUEX shall support customers with respect to their complaint. LUEX is to be informed of the facts involved in the situation as soon as possible in order to be able to assist in finding a solution.
The Service provider is to be contacted immediately in the event of flight or transportation problems. Customers are to check information and the general terms and conditions given to customers via the Service provider before the commencement of travel.
8. Visa, passport and travel regulations
The Traveller/Group leader shall pay attention to the special visa, passport and travel regulations for the Travellers and their country of destination. LUEX makes every effort to inform customers as comprehensively and accurately as possible. To the extent that LUEX draws attention to particular details, this can only be considered as non-binding information. Considering the high number and frequency of possible amendments to regulations, Travellers/Group leaders are requested to contact the relevant embassy/consulate for the particular destination. In this respect LUEX can assume no responsibility whatsoever for any assurance, guarantee, currency or accuracy of the information. The information provided by Travellers’ ministries of foreign affairs are a reliable source with respect to many travel destinations.
It is the sole responsibility of the Traveller/Group leader to ensure that all Travellers are in possession of all requisite travel documents (passport, Visa, etc.) at the commencement of travel and that all Travellers fulfil the health requirements.
To the extent that it is not expressly offered, insurance cover does not constitute part of the travel-related products and services offered. LUEX recommends that customers take out travel insurance, in particular travel cancellation cost insurance and in certain circumstances overseas travel insurance, including an overseas health cover component. LUEX names a reliable partner offering the relevant insurance policies to its customers at: http://www.luex.com/info/insurances.html.
10. Liability, responsibility
LUEX depends on the information provided to it by the Service providers with respect to the details of the travel-related goods and services. LUEX has only extremely limited opportunities to check such information with respect to their accuracy and completeness. Consequently, LUEX is unable to provide any guarantees or assurances with respect to the completeness, accuracy or currency of such information. The same applies for any other information made available by third parties.
LUEX is not liable for the availability of the travel-related product or service at the time of booking or for the performance of the booked travel-related product or service by the Service provider.
Within the scope of its performance obligations, LUEX is only liable for any losses that may result in the following cases, irrespective of legal grounds: The statutory regulations shall apply with the following restriction: Liability or minor negligence on the part of LUEX or its vicarious agents is excluded, provided that neither an essential contractual obligation was breached nor is there a case of initial incapacity, impossibility or default on the part of LUEX. Otherwise liability is limited to the value of the travel-related products and services booked, in any case however to predictable and typical losses. The exclusions of liability or facilitation shall apply in the same manner to the executive bodies of LUEX, as well as to their vicarious agents.
Travellers and Group leaders shall be liable to LUEX for each and every reservation/booking that is made in bad faith or with deceitful intent or with erroneous or incomplete personal data. The opportunity to book travel-related goods and services may only be utilised in order to make legal bookings as a Traveller or as a Group leader for a third party. At the same time, in utilising the offerings the Group leader guarantees that they are authorised and are permitted to act in the name of fellow travellers. In the event that there is a breach of these guarantee, the Group leader is liable without limitation to LUEX and their respective Service providers for the losses resulting from the aforesaid person’s actions.
In many countries there are safety standards that differ from those generally found in Europe, Australia or the USA. Travelers/Group leaders are strongly encouraged, also in their own interest, to access information once again immediately before commencing travel in accessible sources, such as the internet pages of the Foreign Office, with respect to changes in the travel regulations and safety warnings for the country of destination.
11. Final provisions
Should business terms and conditions or parts of the agreement be or become invalid, the validity of the remaining parts of the agreements shall not be affected.
Amendments or additions to all agreements, including a divergence from these general terms and conditions, are only possible in text form (written, by fax or e-mail). Oral agreements require written confirmation to be valid.
All communication between LUEX and a Traveller/Group leader is to be undertaken by e-mail if possible. The Traveller/Group leader therefore promises to receive and read e-mails and implement the information/instructions from LUEX accordingly. LUEX must be informed immediately of changes in contact details.
All contractual relations between LUEX, its customers and Service providers are subject exclusively to German law - with the exception of the UN Contract for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) convention. Dortmund shall be the mutually agreed place of jurisdiction for non-German Travellers.
Responsibilities of NSA
1. Whilst NSA takes all reasonable precautions to prevent accidents or injury, you acknowledge and agree that some of the activities you participate in on the course carry a risk of accident and injury. You undertake not to take any unreasonable risks, and you accept that if you do, then you are responsible for the consequences of your own actions.
2. NSA will make all reasonable checks to ensure that those involved in the preparation and provision of its courses have the appropriate qualifications.
3 Descriptions, information and opinions given in the Company’s brochure and on its website in respect of the airlines, accommodation and other suppliers whose services are used are given in good faith, based on the latest information available at the time.
4. NSA will be under no liability whatsoever if you suffer loss, death or personal injury where there has been no fault on the part of NSA or its employees, agents or suppliers and the loss, death or personal injury suffered is attributable to your own acts or omissions or to the acts or omissions of a third party not involved in providing the services which make up your course, or to unusual or unforeseeable circumstances or events which could not have been anticipated or avoided by NSA or its employees, agents or suppliers even with the exercise of all due care. NSA’s liability to compensate you and the amount of such compensation is subject to the following limitations:
4.1. In the case of damage other than death, illness or personal injury, compensation is restricted to a reasonable amount having regard to such factors as, inter alia, the course cost and the extent to which the enjoyment of your course can be said to have been affected.
4.2. In all cases, liability and compensation are limited in accordance with the provisions of all international conventions which concern transportation and accommodation.
4.3. If you suffer death, injury or illness during your course arising out of an activity which does not form part of the inclusive arrangements booked with NSA, NSA will offer assistance where appropriate and in its sole discretion. This assistance must be requested within 90 days of your misadventure and will be limited to general advice and/or assistance with legal fees up to £5,000 per booking, such contributions to be repaid to NSA out of any judgement or insurance payment you subsequently obtain.
1. You are responsible for advising NSA of details of any medical condition or allergies that you have suffered prior to the commencement of the course and of any medication that you are on that may adversely impact you while on the course. In the event that NSA in its sole discretion considers that these conditions are likely to create an unreasonable burden on the efficient conduct of the course, NSA has an absolute right to cancel your booking, in which event the cancellation provisions of clause 4.3 above will apply.
2. You are responsible for advising NSA should you have a criminal record or have pending any criminal charges against you. Should either of these circumstances apply, NSA has an absolute right to cancel your booking, in which event the cancellation provisions of clause 4.3 above will apply.
3. General information concerning passport, visa and health requirements applicable to your course will be sought from you following receipt of your booking form. It is your responsibility to obtain all documents required for your course, to ensure that these are in proper order and to take them with you. NSA will not be liable if you fail to do so and you will be responsible for meeting any additional costs incurred by reason of such failure.
4. You are responsible for checking-in for flights at the correct time and for presenting yourself to take up all pre-booked components of your course. NSA cannot accept responsibility for missed flights as a result of late check-ins and no credit or refunds will be given if you fail to take up any component of your course. No credit or refund will be given for lost, mislaid or destroyed travel documents.
5. You will be expected to comply with NSA’s code of behaviour, details of which can be found below these conditions. Refusal to adhere to the code can result in your being required to leave the course. In this event, (1) you undertake to leave the resort until after the end of the course and (2) you accept that you will not be entitled to any refund in respect of the cost of the course.
6. In the event that your standard of skiing or snowboarding proves to be substantially different to that indicated by you on either your booking form or your pre-course questionnaire, or that due to your absence from the course, it proves impractical to include you in any of the classes arranged by NSA, the Company undertakes to discuss the situation with you but reserves the right to exclude you from course classes and to place you in classes with a general ski school. Any additional costs incurred as a result of this will be payable by you direct to the ski school.
7. You are responsible for looking after the property in which you will live. You will be required to provide the managers of the property where you are staying with your credit card details. In the event that the property in which you live does not suffer any damage, your card details will be destroyed following the completion of the course. In the event of damage being inflicted on the property, then you and the other course participants occupying the property will be required to pay pro rata for the damage sustained. NSA reserves the right to charge your share of these costs to your credit card.
8 For the purposes of the Excise Tax Act you are responsible for notifying the company if you are a Canadian resident.
Airlines and other suppliers
1. As between you and the suppliers of the transport, accommodation and other components of your course, the conditions of the supplier will apply. The availability of some facilities used within the course cannot be guaranteed as these are dependent on factors outside the control of NSA, such as weather conditions. Facilities may also close due to public holiday, festivals or routine maintenance. In these instances, no refunds can be given.
2. Some activities carry inherent risks and you may be asked to sign an additional form by the local supplier. In the event that you are not prepared to sign the form, the Company reserves the right to exclude you from that activity without compensation.
Your Financial Protection
1 When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a
suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be
possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You
agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may
be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
Please note that, when you book an excursion locally, your contract is with the local company providing that excursion and not with NSA. NSA has no legal liability for anything that goes wrong on such an excursion and any claim which you might have arising out of the excursion will be against the local supplier and be subject to its terms and conditions.
If you have a problem
1. If you are unhappy with any aspect of NSA’s arrangements while on your course, you must address your complaint immediately to NSA’s senior local representative. If the problem cannot be resolved locally and you wish to complain, full details must be sent to NSA’s office in London in writing to arrive within 14 days of the problem arising. Failure to take either of these steps may deny NSA the opportunity to resolve the problem immediately and/or investigate it properly. In consequence, this may affect your rights under your contract with NSA.
2. In the rare event of a dispute which cannot be settled amicably, it may (if you wish) be referred to arbitration under a scheme which, though devised by The Association of British Travel Agents, is independently administered by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. The scheme provides for a simple and inexpensive method of arbitration of small value disputes on documents alone, with restricted liability in respect of costs. Application for arbitration under this scheme must be made within nine months of the date of return from the course but, in special circumstances, it may be offered outside this period.
NSA’s brochures are produced periodically and often many months in advance of the client’s particular course. Every effort is made to ensure that the details, description and prices contained in brochures are correct, based on inspections and information passed to NSA by its suppliers. However, changes do occur, sometimes at short notice. Our website contains the latest available information.
1. The contract to which these conditions apply and any matter arising from it are governed exclusively by the laws of England and Wales.
2. Unless expressly provided otherwise, no person who is not a party to a contract to which these conditions apply shall acquire any rights there under by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.