Ski Touring and Freeride in Antarctica
Experience the thrill of real adventure on this ski expedition to the world’s southernmost continent: Antarctica.
Rates & Packages
|Type of Accommodation||Price per guest|
|Lower Deck Twin||$8,995|
|Main Deck Twin (porthole)||$10,995|
|Main Deck Twin (window)||$11,165|
|Upper Deck Superior||$13,090|
|Upper Deck Deluxe||$14,180|
|November 7-19, 2016|
|Adventure Activity Options|
|Backcountry skiing||$1 000 fee per guest|
|Ski kayaking||$1 000 fee per guest|
|Snowshoe trekking||$500 fee per guest|
What is included / What not
- 1 night pre-expedition shared hotel accommodation in Ushuaia, Argentina. This room includes a continental breakfast.
- Group dinner in Ushuaia.
- Group transfers from the hotel to the ship on embarkation and from the ship to the airport on disembarkation and all miscellaneous service taxes and port charges.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on board the Clipper Adventurer.
- Shore landings and Zodiac excursions as permitted by weather and local conditions.
- Presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers.
- Expedition certificate.
- Photographic DVD chronicling the voyage.
- Organization and guiding (skitouring and excursions).
- Use of a pair of rubber expedition boots on loan for shore landings. These will be returned at the end of the voyage.
- Airfares to or from your home city, whether on scheduled or charter flights.
- Passport and visa expenses. Tourist entry fees may apply depending on your nationality.
- Any government arrival and departure airport taxes.
- Ski or trekking equipment.
- Any meals ashore with the exception of breakfast at the host hotel and the Welcome dinner on the evening prior to departure.
- Baggage, cancellation and travel insurance (emergency medical and evacuation insurance is mandatory. Ice Axe can help you to arrange this insurance if you need assistance.)
- Excess baggage charges.
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges onboard the ship or at the hotel.
- Telecommunications charges or the customary gratuity at the end of the voyage for stewards, guides, and other service personnel.
- Tips for guides and hospitality staff.
- Travel insurance.
- Day 1 Arrive in Ushuaia, Argentina. Preparation and trainings. Overnight in Ushuaia.
- Day 2 Board the Clipper Adventurer and set sail down the Beagle Channel.
- Day 3-4 Cross the Drake Passage. Sperm, fin, and humpback whales, along with skies of seabirds will accompany our journey. Arrive at Deception Island’s volcanic crater on the afternoon of Day 4 for a hike.
- Day 5 Ski and trekking objectives at Neko Harbour. Zodiac cruises, penguin rookeries, hiking.
- Day 6 Ski and trekking objectives at Anvers and Wenke Islands. Port Lockroy scientific base and museum. Visit gentoo and adelie penguin habitat.
- Day 7 Ronge/Island/Mt. Britannia. Visit penguin rookery at Georges Point.
- Day 8 Ski and trekking objectives in Paradise Bay. Zodiac excursions. Visit penguin rookery and Almirante Brown Station.
- Day 9 Lemaire Channel/ Mt. Scott/ Mt. Demaria/Mt. Mill ski descents. Visit the Ukrainian Vernadsky scientific station. Killer whale and leopard seal sightings.
- Day 10 New ski descents and nature cruises of Charlotte Bay; begin journey north in the evening.
- Day 11-12 Sail Drake Passage; pass the dramatic cliffs of Cape Horn.
- Day 13 Disembark the Clipper Adventurer in Ushuaia, Argentina.
*Flexibility is necessary for all Antarctic travel. This program is subject to change throughout the journey depending on ice, weather and local conditions.
- Intermediate or higher skiing level in any snow conditions. All-mountain skis with skitouring bindings and skins.
PP/Night from US$ 692