Yellow Travel Touring and Freeride Camp Lofoten
Breathtaking landscapes during the day and beautiful skies at night when you head far north to the Lofoten Isles in Norway!
What is included / What not
Lofoten Isles – Norway
- 7 nights in traditional refuges, or Rorbuers, as they are known
- Self catering breakfast
- Evening meals in local Restaurants
- Transfers in resort
- Airport transfer
- Guided and accompanied by state-qualified mountain- and ski guides
- Rental of emergency gear (probe, shovel, locating device) – if you need this please let us know at least 10 days in advance
- Flight to Svolvaer (SVJ) or Evens (EVE) – LUEX would be pleased to help with booking your flights
- Extra meals, drinks and lunch
- Single occupancy supplement
- Personal costs
- Optional extension
- Optional boat hire
Lofoten Isles – Norway
Deluxe-Touring on the Lofoten Isles. Thanks to the Gulf Stream influence, these islands off the west coast of Norway normally have a thick coat of snow from the tops of the mountains right down to the sea. Although it can be busy here in the summer, the winter is very quiet, and you might well find that we are the only people for miles. We have been several times now and know the backcountry well enough to claim with some confidence that we know the best spots. Depending on the weather we will either stay central, or move out further west. With any luck we will get to enjoy the Northern Lights in all their glory, and can attack the region’s highest peak after a night in a traditional Sami-tent. This night in the tent is however optional, and only possible if the conditions are right. For the rest we will be staying in warm refuges with fantastic food in Svolvær or Kabelvåg. The Lofotens will blow you away!
- Individual tours on request
- Booking deadline: 21 days before respective departure
- Numbers required: min 5, max 8
We will be sending you a detailed list with your booking confirmation by LUEX.
Rendez-vous in Harstad airport on the given day. If we all arrive on different flights, we will wait for the latest flight. Please let us know your flight details in advance
What we ask of you
Sufficient fitness for daily tours of up to 1000m vertical. Some tours will consist of 2 smallert ascents or a series of peaks. For the climbs, you will need to be able to make switchback turns. We would recommend that you practice these with harscheisen (ski crampons). Ability to ski under control in High Alpine terrain.