Beng Beng Mentawai
Indonesia: Mentawai Islands
Relaxed and intimate surf camp in the Mentawais – world class waves right on your doorstep, with twice-daily boat transport to many more.
What to Bring
- Definitely bring surfboards!
- Wax. For a 9/10 days trip 2-3 packs should be enough.
- 2 leashes at least, but with 3 you will be safer.
- Waterproof sunscreen is extremely recommended because we are right on the equator and the sun is very strong.
- Wetsuit is not necessary however it could be useful to have something to protect your shoulders from the sun.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Fishing and spearfishing equipment if you want use your own.
- Raincoat could be useful on the rainy days.
- Snacks – We provide snacks and food but if you have something you cannot live without, bring it along.
- Original passport and a photocopy of your passport.
- Cash for additional costs like beers cokes and photos.
- Finally any books, cards or anything you may want for your relaxing time
Please note – It is really important that you bring cash with you because there is absolutely no ATM or bank on the island. Indonesian rupiah is the only currency accepted. When you arrive in Padang Airport you can find ATM’s and currency exchange offices.