Indonesia: Mentawai Islands
Beautiful 110ft schooner, skippered by Mentawai legend Daryl, offering en-suite cabins, TV and DVD facilities and an experienced and knowledgeable crew.
Length: 115ft 35metres
Fully air conditioned a must for those hot barmy nights, you’re on holidays and a great sleep tops the trip off.
Bintang’s layout for guest numbers
- 4 double cabins, 3 with private on-suites, 1 with shared toilet shower on deck.
- If you would like a very private cruise we recommend 4 couples at the most.
- If families are booked, 2 children in each cabin can be slept with mum and dad.
- 16 being the total number, all with a bunk.
- One of these cabins can take 3 children if need be.
10 guests are considered fully booked, but after ten a levy per person is incurred.
Layout of deck and internal layouts
When you arrive on Bintang’s aft swim platform to enter the boat you will immediately appreciate the large back deck entertainment area where lounging during the day is a covered area protecting you from the sun or any elements during your trip. The area is also our dining area seating up to 16 guests, tables and guest chairs are stowed away after every meal to open the area for entertainment or just relaxing, but of course if that blue marlin or sail fish jump on our trawl lines everyone scatters but to witness a battle not many people see, sometimes we win, other times the fish releases itself... all in a day’s excitement,
Through to our downstairs saloon room / lounge room, as we said we have state of the art sound system and Flat Screen. Heading forward through the lounge are two cabins, Cabin 1 on the port side Cabin 2 on the starboard side each sleeps 4 in either cabin and both have private on-suites (shower and toilet).
Aft from the lounge is galley and pantries. If guys or girls of the charter wish to cook a favourite dish or cake there’s heaps of room in our 20x5ft kitchen area, or just learn how to prepare the great Thai dishes we present to you daily, also we always cook a cake for birthdays...
Continuing aft we have a 120 wine spirits cellar again please order you favourite bottle so we can stock that special drink taken before or after any meal.
Then further through aft you come to the state room that sleeps 5 with its own on-suite.
Also a very private double plus single bunk room is located at the aft of the vessel entering through a back deck, deck hatch, a shared toilet is located at back deck with shower for this cabin.
All crew sleep forward in isolated cabin, entering from forward deck hatch no contact is made with guests unless crew are invited to do so.
The fore deck is open to the tropical elements but a 50% sun shade awning can be fitted between the 2 masts making the lounge area there comfortable even when sailing allowing the spacious fore deck area to be still be cooled by the light breezes. Again though if temperatures rise, pleasant relief is found below decks with air conditioning comfort.
Swimming up to the back swim platform or returning from a beach walk in our 8 man rubber inflatable boat, a shower on the platform gets all salt and sand off ,no need for towelling off the sun will handle that ,a cold fruit drink ,soda or beer is the order on your return.
5 fridges and 2 deep freezes will keep everything cool right though out your trip.
Details, Equipment and Specifications
- Owner and Skipper: Daryl Robinson
- Registration: Australia
- Built by Classic Yachts, Freemantle Western Australia - 1988
- Gardiner 6XLB165 BHP 165 hp engine
- Length: 110 ft. deck line, 100 ft. waterline
- Beam: 25 feet
- Steel hull construction
- Cruising speed - 8 kts, 15 kts under full sail
- Diesel cap. 10,000 lt. - Water cap 6,000 lt.
- Generators: 110 -240v Power ; 1 Yanmar 3 ph. 20kw, 1 Dunlite 3 ph. 20kw, 1 Dunlite 1 ph. 5kw.
- Powerboat: 30ft Fishing skiff w/ 2x200hp engines
- Tender: 14ft inflatable dingy.1x25hp
Electronics and Instrumentation
- SSB Radio: JRC
- Autopilot: Coursemaster 1000
- VHS Radio: Uniden
- Radar: JRC - Range 30 miles
- Fixed GPS - Portable JRC
- Echo Sounder: JRC - 500 meter range
- Position Beacon EPIRB
- Emergency Position Finding Beacon - EPIRB
- Lifejackets: available for 18 persons - Solas Ocean Type
- Fire fighting equipment and extinguishers - procedures compliant with AMSA / USCG Standards
- The Master / Owner has "Master 4" Marine Qualifications
- as issued by AMSA to legally operate vessels the size of Bintang.