Sri Lanka: South West Sri Lanka
Cape Weligama captures the quintessential essence of Sri Lankan luxury and is the epitome of exclusivity. Indulge in an unforgettable experience.
Amenities & Activities
- A breathtaking crescent-shaped infinity Moon Pool curving60m around the cape’s summit drinks in every inch of the spectacular 270 degree coastal views. It’s equally resplendent at night when the pool’s inky surface reflects the stars and the bright luminescence of the moon.
- The generous Cove Pool, close to the Master Rooms, meanders around an integrated 20m lap pool, and is ideal for kids.
- The Moon Bar – secreted under the Moon Pool–erects a large screen on occasion to host convivial movie nights with popcorn and international sports fixtures with special themed snacks and drinks.
- Under the pool is a Cybex equipped air-conditioned gym for keeping in shape after overindulging on the resort’s mouth-watering cuisine.
- Electric buggies convey guests around the resort if they prefer not to walk.
- There are two adjacent public beaches. West Beach is accessed via a specially built cliff staircase. East Beach is next to the Dive Centre, a 5-minute walk from the resort. A reef provides safe swimming conditions. With no large resorts nearby, the beaches are not busy.
- The Beach Club/Dive Centre is staffed by professionals and is the embarkation point for all land and water-based activities. Offering first rate PADI dive courses and exciting dives, other activities include private cruises, big game fishing, seasonal whale and dolphin watching trips and banana boating
For the ultimate Ceylonese indulgence, Cape Weligama's experienced therapists come to your Residence or Suite where dedicated spa facilities allow us to pamper you 'at home' or visit our dedicated Spa if you’d like to seek refuge from the family! Organic home grown Sri Lankan spice scrubs made from clove, nutmeg, sweet orange and sandalwood relieve stress and naturally attend to travel weary muscles while bespoke, essential oil massage blends incorporate Ceylon tea, renowned for its antioxidant, anti-ageing and calming properties. Unwind with a blissful massage on your veranda, or with a fragrant scrub followed by an invigorating herbal steam treatment in your shower room and finally a sleep inducing soak in your stone bathtub, with your bed just steps away.
Postcard perfect beaches, gently breaking waves and a kaleidoscopic underwater landscape sprinkled with historic wrecks, Sri Lanka's southern coastline does not lack for magnetic charms. Swim and snorkel in the aquamarine bay beneath Cape Weligama. Explore neighbouring coves by kayak or learn to surf on Weligama's legendary curls. The Dive Centre, staffed by an experienced international team of professionals, offers a comprehensive range of PADI dive courses and other off shore activities including private sunset cruises, big game fishing, seasonal whale and dolphin-watching trips and banana boating. Take a boat or kayak out on nearby Koggala Lake, its tranquil lagoon edged by fragrant cinnamon gardens and tropical wildlife.
Away from this idyllic coastline, explore Sri Lanka’s lush rural hinterland of sleepy villages, paddy fields, meandering lagoons and ancient temples by guided bicycle ride. Take a boat or kayak out on nearby Koggala Lake, its tranquil lagoon edged by fragrant cinnamon gardens and tropical wildlife.
For adventures further afield, dedicated naturalists and cultural guides are on hand to whisk you off in private vehicles for personalised tours. Must see destinations include Mirissa's vibrant boat harbour, Matara's crumbling ruins and the historic Galle Fort where cobbled streets encased in coral and granite walls reveal ochre washed colonnaded houses, colonial churches, and renowned jewellery boutiques. Elephants, sloth bears, crocodiles, and even Sri Lanka's famous leopards may be spotted on day trips to the national parks of Uda Walawe and Yala.