Surf Star Morocco
Traditional Moroccan surf riad with all modern amenities offering excellent value for money - Yogis welcome!
About the Operator
Why the name Surf Star Morocco?
The Star is from the flag of Morocco – We love surfing and we love Morocco! We also are passionate about yoga, meeting new people, Moroccan adventures, beach parties, hanging out and chilling with good people. More than just a surf holiday, at Surf Star Morocco, you will experience Moroccan culture, mixing with local people and seeing the ‘real Morocco’ with a bunch of friendly experienced local and european guests and staff!
Surf Star Morocco location? Local amenities?
Our surf camp and surf school are located in Tamraght 5 mins walk from Taghazout beach in Agadir, South Morocco. Just 2-4hours from European locations, we are:
- 30 seconds walk – 3 local shops (snacks/drinks/fruit&veg)
- 1min walk – local cafes and restaurants
- 5mins walk – taghazout beach break
- 5/10min walk – surf spots: taghazout beach crocodiles, devils rock, spiders and banana point.
- 15min walk – k17 surf spot on taghazout beach
- 2min walk – local hammam/massage/salon/beauty parlour
- 2min drive – Banana village where you’ll find local tourist friendly shops, restaurants and a Wednesday souk market.
- 30mins drive – Agadir city where you’ll find nightlife, shops, restaurants, bars, a large souk and a port. It’s easy to get the bus/taxi there too!
- 40min drive – Paradise valley, the stunningly beautiful Berbere Mountains, natural swimming pools, cliff jumps and natural beauty. Paradise!
- 40mins – Agadir Airport
- 2/3hour coach journey – Marrakech/Airport a buzzing market and tourist location.
- 2/3hour drive/coach – Essoaria a beautiful blue and white fishing town.
Where are the team from?
The surf star crew are a mix of European and local Moroccan friends, all with a passion for surfing quality waves, gorgeous weather, the beautiful Moroccan Berbere culture and sharing their passions with others. All of us love meeting great new friends all the time! We look forward to welcoming you to Morocco. With a mixture of charaters, a high level of experience in Surf Teaching, Morocco as a Surf Location, and Moroccan culture, we offer a unique personal edge. Above all, we want you to have the experience of a lifetime!
What is the weather like in Morocco?
Incredible sunny weather, clear blue skies and great sun tans is the norm in Morocco. Please use sunscreen, sit under umbrellas sometimes and wear hats to stay safe in the sun. Even in wintertime the weather here will give you a suntan but between November and February there is a small chance of rain. It’s normally sunny with crystal clear waters and 300 days of sunshine a year.
In the heat of summer temperatures can reach up to 40degrees. Sometimes we wear wetsuits just to keep the sun off! Good tip: bring zinc as they don’t sell it here!
Is Surf Star a good place to come for solo travellers?
Yes! Many of our guests are independent travellers and make friends instantaneously! We offer a single room supplement if you prefer a single room and there’s always people around to hang out and have fun with!