Entry Restrictions in Costa Rica
- A "Pase de Salud" form must be completed before departure of the flight to Costa Rica. This will generate a QR code which must be presented upon arrival.
- Entry regulations for nationals of Costa Rica apply to passengers with proof of being dual nationals of Costa Rica.
- Passengers must have travel insurance for a minimum of 5 days, with coverage of Coronavirus (COVID-19) treatment and accommodation costs.
- Passengers must enter Costa Rica via San Jose (SJO) or Liberia (LIR).
This does not apply to:
- Nationals and residents of Costa Rica;
- Passengers younger than 18 years of age;
- Passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate, in English or Spanish, showing that they were fully vaccinated at least 14 days before arrival. Vaccines accepted are AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Janssen, Moderna (Spikevax), and Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty).
Updated on January 21st, 2022
Germany - Costa Rica Trip Specific Restrictions
Passengers from Germany are not required to quarantine after entering Costa Rica.
Unvaccinated passengers returning from Costa Rica will need to quarantine for 10 days upon entering Germany.
Fully vaccinated passengers do not need to quarantine.